Disney is a must for every family at least once during their lifetime. BUT, when is the best time to go? Do you go when the kids are young and believe in princesses, but may not remember? Or, do you keep waiting until your family has aged so that all can remember the vacation?
Talking to Krista Stocke, a travel agent at Ambassador Travel, made me learn about the magic that a Disney vacation can bring to any family at any time during their family life cycle. Krista has been to Disney 7 times with her family over 25 years! (She’s even planning another Disney vacation for her family next year!) Too often families wait for the ‘perfect’ time to book their Disney vacation, but Krista has a lot of tips on how you can make any Disney vacation a dream vacation.
Krista said that her favorite memory from all the trips would be her very first vacation with her children, Ariel and Ethan, especially this special moment.
“One of my favorite things about that trip was getting to see Beauty and The Beast on stage with the kids. Ariel and I loved that movie and watched it over and over, so of course her little brother watched it too. Watching Ariel’s face and her huge smile, plus when the Beast came out, Ethan who was 3, started growling and had his hands up like claws imitating the beast. That was priceless!”
Krista couldn’t stress enough, that her number one tip would be to stay on a Disney property. Her are her top reasons…
- Disney properties provide direct transportation to and from the parks at all times of the day.
- Having easy transportation allows for frequent breaks for younger families to get those much needed naps in throughout the day.
- The pools and other amenities are perfect for a day of relaxation and to rest your sore feet.
- With the different ranking of Disney properties, every family can find accommodation within their price point!
Going to Disney even as an older family can be a rewarding vacation, even if you have teenagers! Krista still advised to stay on a Disney property, because teenagers tend to enjoy the pools and other amenities that the resorts and hotels have to offer. Most importantly, for every vacation her family goes on, Krista asks her children to write down a list of their “must-sees” during the vacation. This way you can make sure every child’s wishes are being met during the vacation, so you can enjoy the parks all together.
To wrap it all up, Krista came up with a list of the top four things a traveler would need to do while starting to plan their Disney vacation.
- Go to a travel agent! (She isn’t just saying that because she is one!) Disney has a lot to offer families, which means planning can get complicated really quickly. Reservations for different experiences need to be made in advance, and agents have the expertise to make sure that you don’t miss anything important.
- Decide on the type of resort! You can choose from Value, Moderate, Deluxe, Deluxe Villas, and Downtown.
- Choose dates that are during off-season time to maximize park time!
- Visit Disney’s websites to start looking at your families must-sees!
So come on down to Ambassador Travel to visit a travel agent to start planning your dream Disney vacation. Now is the PERFECT time for your family!